Sunday, November 3, 2013

Who and Why ?

  My name is Jo Hogan. I am starting this blog for one simple reason, and that is to try and get a Native American Indian network started on cable and satellite TV. It won't be easy because if it was then we would already have this channel, but we don't so here i go.
   I remember as a child growing up in the south east my daddy often taking us to Cherokee NC. I still go as often as i can. The beauty of this culture is immeasurable , the music, dances, art and way of live is breathtaking, also it is each and every american's birthright to know where we come from , how and why we are here .  I feel cheated as a  Comcast cable and Directv satellite  paying customer, that i'm allowed to watch BET , LOGO, "politics" which is a culture of it's own as well as well as other cultural channels, yet i am not offered the most beautiful .
   Hopefully i will gain a following and between us all , we can make this happen

9 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Id check it out for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we gotta do something . a petition is being made up then it will go everywhere

      Delete
  2. It's really a brilliant idea, Jo! Congratulations of whole my heart! Since I know there are Native American actors, I've found amazing movies as Dreamkeeper, Black Cloud, The Brave, Older than America, Dance me outside, War party and etc. Unfortunately I'm not American, but I support the idea and will spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , I love War Party , another good Billy Wirth movie is called A Good Day To Die. showcases a lot of native history

      Delete
  3. Awesome idea Jo!! We definitely need a NA channel! You have my support. People need to know that there are talented NA. They need to be shown good movies etc.. Not the stereotypical movies, we've all have been force fed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We definitely NEED this! So many talented Native Americans! This would be a great way to display the many talented actors and actresses we have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do , as well as sit coms , soaps as you mentioned before , having a native channel would open so many possibilities for our actors

      Delete

Please Comment to Show your Support